* Chelsea beat Bournemouth 2-0 at Stamford Bridge* Substitute Pedro netted a 72nd-minute opener* Hazard made it 2-0 with a clinical finish* The home side dominated a dour first half* Ake missed Bournemouth's best chance* Chelsea next host Cardiff, Bour...
* Chelsea beat Bournemouth 2-0 at Stamford Bridge
* Substitute Pedro netted a 72nd-minute opener
* Hazard made it 2-0 with a clinical finish
* The home side dominated a dour first half
* Ake missed Bournemouth's best chance
* Chelsea next host Cardiff, Bournemouth at home to Leicester (Adds details and quotes)
LONDON, Chelsea stretched their perfect Premier League start to four games after second-half goals from substitute Pedro Rodriguez and Eden Hazard gave them a 2-0 home win over Bournemouth on Saturday.
New manager Maurizio Sarri will be purring after seeing his side break down the visitors in the closing stages with a clinical performance after they had been stifled by stubborn defending for much of the contest.
Hazard, who ran the show for Chelsea with darting raids and neat footwork before he sealed the match with an arrowed shot from eight meters in the 85th minute, was delighted.
The result left Chelsea joint top with Liverpool on a maximum 12 points, with either Watford or Tottenham Hotspur able to move level with the early pace-setters when they meet at Vicarage Road on Sunday.
Home team dominated a dour first half at Stamford Bridge but it was Bournemouth who missed the best chance in the opening period through Callum Wilson before Marcos Alonso hit the post at the other end.
Chelsea's former center back Nathan Ake skied his shot from three meters over the bar on the hour and that seemed to be a wake-up call for the hosts, who struggled despite having the lion's share of the possession.
Pedro finally broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute after a fine one-two with fellow substitute Olivier Giroud and a low shot from the edge of the penalty area which gave visiting keeper Asmir Begovic no chance.
Hazard capped his brilliant individual performance by scoring after he was put through by the lively Alonso.
Sarri heaped praise on Hazard and looked forward to Chelsea's next match at home to promoted Cardiff after the international break.
Source: Saudi Press Agency