Riyadh, The Public Investment Fund (PIF) of Saudi Arabia has today announced the formation of an advisory board, comprised of eleven of the most influential global executives from technology, finance and business, that will support the ongoing developm...
Riyadh, The Public Investment Fund (PIF) of Saudi Arabia has today announced the formation of an advisory board, comprised of eleven of the most influential global executives from technology, finance and business, that will support the ongoing development of the program for the 2018 Future Investment Initiative (FII).
The second edition of FII is taking place in Riyadh from October 23rd-25th 2018 and will explore how investment can be used to drive growth opportunities, fuel innovation and shape future economies.
With a wealth of expertise across multiple sectors and geographies, the 2018 FII advisory board members possess unique insights that will ensure FII remains at the forefront of the global investment debate, unlocking exciting new growth opportunities. The advisory board provides strategic guidance on all elements of FII. They will also be instrumental in advancing new strategic opportunities amongst the international thought leaders gathered by FII.
Advisory board members include:
* Mohamed Ali Alabbar, Founder and Chairman, Emaar Properties
* Ajay Banga, President and CEO, Mastercard
* Victor Chu, Chairman and CEO, First Eastern Investment Group
* Mellody Hobson, President, Ariel Investments
* Arianna Huffington, Founder and CEO, Thrive Global
* Joe Kaeser, President and CEO, Siemens AG
* Lubna S. Olayan, CEO and Deputy Chairperson, Olayan Financing Company
* Stephen Schwarzman, CEO, Blackstone
* Masayoshi Son, CEO, SoftBank Group Corp.
* Tidjane Thiam, CEO, Credit Suisse Group AG
* Peter Thiel, Co-Founder and Partner, Founders Fund
Commenting on the announcement, Ajay Banga, President and CEO, Mastercard Incorporated and member of the FII 2018 advisory board, said: Every day, businesses and governments explore how technology and partnerships can drive new innovation and new opportunities to benefit people economically and socially. The Future Investment Initiative has proven to be an important venue to bring together leaders to discuss the needs of our shared future. It's events like this that sparks real action.
Source: Saudi Press Agency